- AD Steen, JP Vazin, SM Hagen, KH Mulligan and SW Wilhelm (2015). Substrate specificity of aquatic extracellular peptidases assessed by competitive inhibition assays using synthetic substrates. Aquatic Microbial Ecology. 75 271. DOI: 10.3354/ame01755
- Brewer, S., SM Techtmann, N Mahmoudi, D Niang, S Pfiffner, TC Hazen. (2015). Co-extraction of DNA and PLFA from soil samples. Journal of Microbiological Methods. 115. 64-66 DOI: 10.1016/j.mimet.2015.05.018
- Moniruzzaman M, ER Gann, GR LeCleir, Y Kang, CJ Gobler and SW Wilhelm. (2016). Diversity and dynamics of algal Megaviridae members during a harmful brown tide caused by the pelagophyte Aureococcus anophagefferens. FEMS Microbiology Ecology. 92 DOI: 10.1093/femsec/fiw058
- Villarino NF, GR LeCleir, JE Denny, SP Dearth, SS Sloan, JL Gribble, SR Campagna, SW Wilhelm and NW Schmidt (2016). The gut microbiota modulates the severity of malaria. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA. 113 2235 DOI: 10.1073/pnas.1504887113
- Xu T, Marr E, Handagama W, Close D, Sayler G, Ripp S. (2016). The expanding toolbox of in vivo bioluminescent imaging. Frontiers in Oncology. DOI: 10.3389/fonc.2016.00150
- Steen AD, RT Kevorkian, JT Bird, N Dombrowski, BJ Baker, SM Hagen, KH Mulligan, JM Schmidt, AT Webber, T Royalty, MJ Alperin (2019). Kinetics and identities of extracellular peptidases in subsurface sediments of the White Oak River Estuary, NC. Applied and Environmental Microbiology. DOI: 10.1128/AEM.00102-19
- Xu T, N Perry, A Chauhan, G Sayler, S Ripp. (2014). Microbial indicators for monitoring pollution and bioremediation. In: Microbial Biodegradation and Bioremediation 115-136. Das, S. Elsevier. New York, NY. DOI:10.1016/B978-0-12-800021-2.00005-4.
- Stevens J, SM Schaeffer, JM DeBruyn. Effect of the nitrogen extender Agrotain (TM) on soil nitrogen cycling microbes. American Society for Microbiology, Texas Branch Meeting, New Braunfels, TX, April 3-5, 2014.
- Handagama W, E Sherwin, A Alcala, T Xu, S Ripp. (2016). A gene delivery system for the expression of bioluminescence in stem cells. Exhibition of Undergraduate Research and Creative Achievement (EURēCA). Knoxville, TN.
- Handagama W, T Xu, S Ripp. (2015). Developing a gene delivery system for expression of a bacterial luciferase gene cassette in stem cells. American Society for Microbiology regional meeting. Murfreesboro, TN.
- Basso, M Tuttle, A Grossman, NYD Ankrah and A Buchan. (2016). Host range study of a lysogenic phage in a roseophage-roseobacter system and characterization of lysogens in affecting marine biogeochemistry. 3rd Annual Southeastern Biogeochemistry Symposium. Knoxville, TN.
- McBride, K., A Rossi, H Woo, J Wang, N Labbe, and TC Hazen. (2016). Xylan-degrading Bacteria Isolated and Characterized from Eastern Mediterranean Sea. ASM Microbe Annual Meeting. Boston, MA.
- McBride, K., A Rossi, H Woo, J Wang, N Labbe, and TC.Hazen. (2016). Xylan-degrading Bacteria Isolated and Characterized from Eastern Mediterranean Sea. National Council Undergraduate Research Annual Meeting. Asheville, NC.
- Silbaugh M, TM Jordan, ER Zinser. Temperature and Ecotype Affect the Quality and Quantity of Prochlorococcus-Derived DOM” AGU Meeting New Orleans, LA 2016
- Shortreed, B. (2018) Modeling the Kinetics of Emililania huxleyiI CCMP 274 and Coccolithovirus EhV207 Under Changing Phosphate Conditions. NIMBioS Annual Undergraduate Research Conference at the Interface of Biology and Mathematics. (Knoxville, TN)
- Jones, T. Examining the role of a putative membrane lipoprotein NlpC in Xenorhabdus nematophila. (2018) Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students (ABRCMS) (Indianapolis, IN)
- Gutierrez, L. Examining host-virus interaction in marine microbes. (2018) Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students (ABRCMS) (Indianapolis, IN)
- Husted, O. Geochemical Survey of Mount Baker, Washington. (2018) Geological Society of America (Charleston, SC)
- Neves, L. Characterization of Fatty Acid Transport Protein Fat1p in the Yeast Candida albicans. (2019) ABRCMS Conference (Anaheim, CA)
- SW Wilhelm, M Steffen, BS Belisle, S Dearth, M Campbell, GL Boyer, S Watson, RA Bourbonniere, J DeBruyn, S Campagna. (2014). Changing tides for Lake Erie: the biogeochemical evolution of a Laurentian Great Lake and implications for biological communities of the future. AGU Fall Meeting. San Francisco, CA.
- Handagama W, Xu T, Ripp S. (2015). Efficient delivery of the autobioluminescent luciferase gene cassette into stem cells. Gulf Coast Undergraduate Research Symposium, Rice University, Houston, TX.
- DeBruyn JM, KL Cobaugh, M Moats, JD Stevens, SW Keenan. Postmortem Hot Spots: Soil Microbial Community Succession below Decomposing Vertebrate Mortalities. (2016) ASA-CSSA-SSSA-Annual Meeting, Phoenix, AZ.
- Elizabeth Ransone. Do bacteriophages contribute to strain variation in Xenorhabdus bovienii bacteria? Conference on Beneficial Microbes. (2018) (Madison, WI)
- Holly Nichols. Land use effects on bacterial diversity in caves (2018) 2018 National Speleological Society Convention (Helena, MT)
- Stevens, J. Goldwater Scholarship. (2014). The University of Texas at Arlington.
- Ransone, E. Fulbright Scholarship (2018).
- Ransone, E. GRF Fellowship (2018)
- Jurgensen, S. GRF Fellowship (2018)